Thursday, September 29, 2011

Library

Authors Note: When writing I was sitting in the Pewaukee Public Library. I was waiting for my parents to get done with a meeting. I decided to write. I don't think this is my best piece ever tell me how you think I could improve this.

One day I went to the library. I started to do my homework, but after 30 minutes or so lost my interest. I started to observe people. I looked over at the people who were on the computers. I saw a man and 2 women. The man was wearing grey sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. Then I looked at the women sitting next to him. She looked old probably around 85 she had grey hair and glasses. She was on her email. She seemed to be struggling, taking 5 minutes to read each one. Surprisingly she had many emails, I'm guess from her kids and grandkids. Then I looked over to the chairs their was a women sitting alone. She was reading a newspaper, and appeared to have a cold because she kept on blowing her nose. After a few minutes she got up to put her newspaper away, you could tell she had a hip problem by the way she limped. Once she put her newspaper away she went and got a magazine. She skimmed through the pages as if she was un-interested.  Then  once again she got up and put her magazine away. On her way out I smiled at her and she smiled, when she walked past me asked if I was doing school work.

"Yes," I said.

"Good luck," she responded and walked up the stairs. I again smiled but not to someone this time mainly because I was happy. After she left I continued my homework. About 10 minutes later my mom picked me up.

3 comments:

  1. What was the lady with the hip problem saying to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that is was very creative and you descried things very well. Just remember that when you have a number less than ten, you should spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the rule for numbers is to spell out numbers that are less than three syllables long. It has nothing to do with the cardinal value of the number.

    ReplyDelete