Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dear,

Authors Note: I wrote this piece to try a new form of writing. I want this piece to touch peoples hearts, and I want you to feel bad for Margret and Lillian. In this piece two girls are writing back and forth to each other. 

Dear Margret,
I really wish you didn't leave me,  I'm alone and afraid. Yesterday at school we were doing a project on  our family and I didn't have anything to write about. I can barely afford anything. The homeless shelter I  stay in is closing down and I'll be dead without it. I don't know what to do. I need a friend, I need you.
Love,  Lillian

Dear Lillian,
I wish I could be with you too, I never wanted to leave. But, we both know I needed that job. I can't  leave here , but you can leave there. Come here you can sleep in the homeless center down the street  from me. You could maybe even get a job. Please come I'll help you.
Love, Margret

Dear Margret,
I've thought about coming before but I don't have enough money for a taxi. I guess I could go by foot but  it's a long way without any food.  I need to be with you. We need to find a way.
Love, Lillian

Dear Lillian,
I lost my job yesterday. I won't be able to afford my apartment anymore. I have no reason to stay.  I'll have enough money to come back on the train and for food for a few months. We can find another homeless shelter or a cheap hotel.
Love, Margret

Dear Margret,
I'm so sorry you lost your job. We can find jobs here, or even sell lemonade for an extra dollar or two.  I think we need help from somebody. I know we never wanted to do this but, I think we need to find a foster home.
Love, Lillian

To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment