Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Journey to Heaven

Authors Note: I wrote this story after one of Mr. Johnson's Ed Chats. This Ed Chat was about stream of consciousness and how you should just let your ideas flow. I think this is one of my better writing pieces tell me if you think so. Some of these sentences are fragments, but this is an artistic piece so I did this on purpose.

Standing beneath a large oak tree in the middle of a field.   A picnic blanket beneath me. But only I am around.  I can see only nothingness and feel only a kind gentle touch of angels surrounding me.  I'm here for a reason. But I cannot figure it out. Who wants me to be here? Why do they want me to be here? I don't know.  But I know I'm the only one who will ever know. I need to leave this field and this tree. But I don’t know how. I don’t know where to go.

 I start walking and still all I can see is the long prairie grass.  It starts looking familiar. Something starts looking familiar. But why?  When have I been here before? Last years family picnic? No. In college? No. As a child? Yes. I was here as a child this was the field behind my house! But where is my house? Is this a question that I will ever know the answer to? I don’t know. I start thinking.  Did the field get moved by god? Or did my house simply get demolished?  I need to figure this out! But how? How do I get back home, back to my kids and my husband? I decided to keep walking.

 All of my neighbors houses were gone. But I am positive this is the field me and my sisters use to play in on summer nights. I see the tree that we often climbed and hung on.   I choose to climb up it one more time. Branch by branch I make my way up to the top of the tree. I look beyond the prairie and see my town. Only I still see nobody. I climb down the tree and walk to the town.  As I get there I look around nobody is here. All I have to comfort me is my thoughts. But all I can think about is how to get back home. I walk and I walk for days straight but still I see nobody.

Many weeks later . I see something , I see everything.  Everything is white around me and I look down and see some sort of  cloud when I look back up I see angels. My journey is over. I was looking for home all along when I should have been looking for heaven. All of my questions have been answered. I am here and from here on I will always be here.  But where is here?

1 comment:

  1. It was very detailed. I got a little confused in the last paragraph, maybe you can add more to it.

    ReplyDelete